Monday, April 13, 2009

4/11 White Tanks


Honey, Andrew, Jamil and I went to the White Tanks today for a long run. This is now my favorite trail run. In the drizzling rain we started out going up the Waterfall trail and then cut over to Goat Camp and took that way up and over the down to another parking lot. 11 miles, Jamil and Andrew were haulin ass and I was just barely keeping up. Honey came up a few minutes later and had rolled her ankle so she decided to call it after 11 miles and went back to the car on the road. We turned back and headed up a 3000 ft climb in about 3 miles. It was very good training for hardrock. Coming over the top the trail leveled out and was just beautiful. We were moving pretty good until we got over to the mesquite trail. Then we were moving ridiculously fast. I was falling back of A & J while still running under 7 minute miles for about 3-4 miles. This part reminded me of the south kaiabab trail in the Grand Canyon. When we finally could see the parking lot down below I saw Jamil and Andrew stopped ahead and knew something was wrong. Jamil had tried to jump a big boulder in the trail and smashed his knee into it. He went down and there was a lot of blood running down his knee. We jogged it in the last half mile and were done. What a great run! Thanks Honey for making me go!


22 miles, 4700 ft ascent, 4 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment