Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WMRC 4/22


Blue and I went out with the WMRC this morning for an easy 6 miles. The majority of us are doing Zane Grey in some form this weekend. Zane is a 50 miler (51 actually) in the mountains above Payson on the highline trail along the Mogollon Rim. It is a tough, rocky, long and hot trail with many steep climbs. Every year at the finish line I say that I will never do it again and here I am, about to toe the line again. It will hopefully take less than 11 hrs to complete and won't leave me as beaten up as in years past. Attached is the elevation profile to see what we are doing. The only other question is, why?
6 miles, 55 minutes, 500ft-easy pace


1 comment:

  1. Because it is there, of course - and it's the only ultra in Arizona this time of the year. ;-)

    Good luck to you and all the others running it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete