Thursday, April 30, 2009

Post ZG week

Normally I slack off the week after a big race, especially ZG. But this year I felt o.k. I ran with Bill Barthen and crew on Tues for about 4 miles and WMRC on Wed for about 6 and today Andrew and I hit it really hard for about 8-9 really fast. This was a loop that Honey and I usually do in about 1:15 and Andrew and I did it in 1:04. I wanted to push myself outside of my comfort level to gain more speed and this is exactly what we did. What a great run this morning. Higgie joined us for a bit and we even saw JJ, Racheal and Michael out there. Great weather. Blue slept in today. I think I am headed for a big loop in the white tanks on Sat. At least 20, possibly about 26 if I can find the Ford canyon route by myself.

This week: 18 miles- 3 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I've done that Ford Canyon section at the White Tanks before. There is about a 1 to 1/2 mile section that is pretty much unrunnable. It becomes more of a climb than anything else and the trail is very difficult to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chad, I got my route. Waterfall to Ford to Goat to bajada and back using mesquite to come home. 28 hard miles I think. Should be fun...maybe...

    ReplyDelete