Monday, May 4, 2009

5/2 WT Ford Canyon Run


Honey and I set out to run from Waterfall to Ford Canyon to Goat to Bajada and back. Things didn't work out that way. After a great 2.5 mile warm up heading over to Ford canyon the trail start to climb over rocks and washes and thru bushes. I am used to this kind of terrain and Honey had done this "trail" many times. We finished Ford Canyon and made it out of the wash at 55 minutes and to the top of the switchbacks in 1:04. The we started running over to the goat camp trail and my knee felt like it just gave out. It was really painful to run downhill and I knew my day was going to be cut short. After we got to Goat camp/mesquite intersection, I told Honey I was done and had to cut it short. She was tired also so we started heading back. Mesquite is a gradual long downhill that is a really cool trail. It reminds me of the Canyon where you can see the trail sooo far away. My knee was just getting worse as we went along and at about 2 miles to go I was limping along pretty good but still running about 8-9 minute miles. Towards the end we slowed down pretty much as it is very rocky (where Jamil bit it a couple weeks ago). Here is where Honey rolled her ankle pretty hard so we were both limping in and looked like we got hit by a bus. We finished the 12-13 mile loop in 2:01 and felt like I had just done a 100. My knee now feels a little better but something is wrong in there, damn Zane Grey! My next race is in 2 weeks, another hard 50 miler in the Mtns of Los Alamos, NM. Jemez Mtn Run. I hope I can get my knee right or I am in trouble on that one. It is like a mini hardrock. Oh, we'll give a try tomorrow and see what happens. Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That sounds like a rough one. I hope it's minor and you are feeling better soon. Are you going to be out at Dreamy Draw on Saturday? I was hoping to get a chance to actually meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a couple more days rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to go to run Mt Ord but not with this knee. I may be at Dreamy Draw now for the book deal. We'll see how this week goes. Yes, I do need more rest, how about DD tomorrow at 5:30am? Don't tell JJ. Chad, probably see you Sat.

    ReplyDelete