Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WMRC-5/13





We had a great group today! 19 runners and 2 dogs. Blue and some other hound. Firby from my office decided to show up and go for it. He brought his buddy Scott as well. Let's just say Firby underestimated the effort it takes to run 6 miles on trails. We took an easy route and an easy pace and Firby said it was the hardest thing he had ever done. He did a great job to keep going when everything in your body and head tells you to stop. It is now 3pm and I haven't seen him in a while, I think he is asleep underneath his cube. Scott did great also, he finished with the rest of the crew. I finished with Firby's bookbag on my shoulders and a pissed off dog because we had to walk some of the last couple miles. I didn't want Firby to get lost and have to be taken out in a helicopter. Good job Firby, takes balls just to show up. See you next week.

1:05, 6 miles, 1000 ft climbed, Here is a picture of Blue waiting for Firby.

No comments:

Post a Comment